Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Week In Review

Well, it's Sunday night and I'm gearing up for another week. Actually I'm a little happy and a bit hesitant at the same time. See, Jay and I were going to write our resolutions last week and start off fresh last Monday, but thanks to my dear friend Jennifer and her chocolate chip pie, Monday came and went. And so did the rest of the week. The little "snow storm" set me back a bit, too.
Cabin Fever + PJ's All Day = Eating Way Too Much!
Anywho, tomorrow starts a new week and a fresh start at 2010...I know, how did I get to the second week of 2010 and screw up?! Very easy if you're me. Well, we wrote our resolutions this afternoon and I think we've made good choices in what we want to work on. Some of my favorites:
Be patient and consistent with the kids.
Make special time for each child.
More date nights.
Learning to say "no" when we are overwhelmed.
As much as I hate the idea of resolutions (Jay feels the same way, too), I do like the feeling of a fresh start. Its like the first week back at school when you get all new supplies and everything looks shiny and new. The possibilities are endless and you feel motivated. Let's hope I still feel that way in a few weeks...ha, ha!
I did get some shopping, organizing, and cooking done this weekend. We headed over to Costco yesterday morning and stocked up on LOTS of stuff. I then went to Kroger while the kids were napping to round out the groceries. I cleaned out the pantry and reorganized it. I'm giving each kid their own snack bin for their daily snacks...more on that this week. I threw away a lot of expired stuff...nothing like way old cans of olives! Today I cooked a pot of yummy Italian soup and a huge batch of chili. I also browned the meat to whip up a lasagna tomorrow...trying to freeze some stuff to make life a bit easier. I let you know how that goes :-)
We had some special birthdays in our family this week...including Jay. BIG 33! Thank goodness I'm not that old (for another 4 months). Jay ended up at the Dr.'s for an ear infection on his birthday and our family plans of pizza and cupcakes kind of got squashed due to the dogs stomach issues and a last minute vet appt. They're both doing better...Jay feels great and the dog is thankfully going potty outside again! The kid's Mimi (Jay's stepmom) celebrated her birthday this week, too. The kids wished her a happy birthday over the phone and Jenna picked something really cute out for her at Costco yesterday. Hope you had a great day Deb...we love you and miss you!!
Well, I better go clean up the kitchen and get to bed. Don't want to start off the New Year (again) on the wrong side of the bed tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Great background...now we need to see some more pictures of those precious kids!!! (Just wait unitl they turn 16!) Resolutions are great-I jogged 2 miles every day from the 2nd to the 6th, and haven't done a d*** thing since!!! Honestly, I think learning to say 'no' is your best bet. You'll be thankful later...independence is a wonderful thing!
    HB to Jay and Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your resolutions are going well and that you have a great week. You guys made very realistic, easier to stick to, resolutions. Hope you all have a wonderful, blessed 2010. My resolution is stay in better touch with you all and not go a whole year or longer without seeing all of you again. Love you and miss you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Happy Birthday to Jay!

    *Love the background, but am SO ready for Spring! LOL

    ReplyDelete