Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pretty as a Picture

My girlfriend Julie's little girl, Lily June, celebrated her 2nd birthday today. I had this adorable photo of her from Gabriel's cookie decorating party that I just had to frame as part of her gift.
I found the cutest frame at the Dollar Store (yes, $1!...it looks like wood but it's made of plastic) and I thought it would be sweet if I hot glued a bow to it. Then it hit me this morning that I could make an actual hair bow that could be removed from the frame.

Look closely at the left hand corner of the frame. I hot glued a small piece of white grosgrain ribbon, leaving space in the middle to slide the alligator clip of the hairbow in and out. How cute and simple, right?! I have big plans for this project...watch out Dollar Store, here I come!

P.S. Notice the reusable shopping bag in the background? That was a TJMaxx purchase this week...2 pack, both with an initial ("L" for Lily June, of course), one large and one small, for $2.99. That's less than I would spend on 2 gift bags...and they're reusable and so cute!




1 comment:

  1. 1) ahhhh I love th reusable giftbags... so cute! and 2) what an adorable gift!!!!!! you are too talented :-)

    Fun seeing you at Chick- Fil- A tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete