Monday, September 27, 2010

Classy Cupcakes

 My sweet friend (and co-teacher) Marian had a birthday this weekend and I was asked to make cupcakes for our little get-together.  First, let me start by saying that this was an all-girl affair and it was being held here, so the white cupcakes with buttercream icing that she requested were definitely not going to work.  Marian LOVES pistachios, but we have a little guy in our class with a tree nut allergy, so we don't get to eat them as much as we'd like.  I found this recipe from Martha Stewart and I topped them with a cream cheese buttercream icing.  They were delicious and oh-so-classy looking.  I will definitely make these again.
I had such a wonderful afternoon with some very lovely ladies and I just can't believe I live less than 15 minutes from such a beautiful place and I've never been there.  It certainly won't be the last time I visit.

Happy Birthday Marian!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I just ate the last of my wonderfully delicious cupcakes! You were so sweet to work so hard on them! Love ya. . .

    Can't believe I finally made the blog. . .and it wasn't you bitching about having to work with me!!!!

    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete