Saturday, April 18, 2009

Party Weekend

We have a weekend full of parties again and I haven't had any time to sew or be creative (house selling and hunting have been main priority). Here's the best I could do...still turned out cute, I think! My friend Kim's son Henry is turning 4 and I bought this bucket when I purchased the green one for his big brother's bean bag gift. What to fill it with, though? Well I found these great children's gardening items in the Dollar Spot at Target. The shovel and hoe are made of painted metal and I added a cute striped ribbon on the handle. I also purchased a pair of gloves, a mini sunflower greenhouse kit, a spray bottle (from the beauty travel section) and my most favorite...a "paint your own gnome" kit. All for a dollar a piece!!! I topped it all off with a bag of gummy worms. I packed the worms and gnome up in cellophane bags and made tags on the computer for them along with a tag for the bucket. Total price: $9.50 (not including ribbon and gift wrapping). How can you beat that?!

Wrapped up and ready to go. Hope he likes it.
Happy 4th Birthday Henry!!!

4 comments:

  1. you are the Recessionista! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He LOVES it! (And so do I!) And, I like it so much our friend Paisley will be getting one this weekend for her birthday. Great to see you yesterday!! (And Henry has painted his gnome. . . I might need to touch it up a bit for him!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I'm so glad he likes it. My kids love getting simple things like that. I'm sure sweet little Paisely will have a blast with the gardening goodies, too! Great to see you and the family!!!

    Jennifer...I LOVE that you used my new favorite word...RECESSIONISTA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so darn creative, I just can't stand it! lol :) BYW, your new house looks great!!

    ReplyDelete