Sunday, February 15, 2009

I've Caught the Love Bug!

This was a fun week of creating Valentine's goodies for friends, teachers and loved ones. Here's what we've been up to: Flower note cards for long-distance relatives made from the kids fingerprints.
Heart-shaped sugar cookies for the preschool classrooms...I was so disappointed with how they came out until Jenna came downstairs and said "Mom, those are beautiful!" I have to remember that 4 year-olds aren't that picky and any cookie with icing and sprinkles is a true masterpiece.

Gifts for the teachers...Burt's Bees Lip Balm and Foot Creme. My favorites!!!


The kids took these in for their Valentine exchange. Not a good picture, but they turned out adorable. I cut flower shapes out of cardstock (said "Happy Valentine's Day"), punched a whole in the middle for the Tootsie pop and then tied on a leaf cut out of cardstock to the stick (said "From: Jenna").



1 comment:

  1. You are too good Melanie! What did my children take to school for Valentine's Day? Spongebob cards. Are you freaking kidding me?

    ReplyDelete