Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gifts for the Birthday Boys

We had two birthday parties to go to yesterday, which gave me a chance to be crafty and fun with their presents: Toby (my sweet nephew by love, not blood) loves to draw...mostly on things he's not supposed to (sometimes I think he and Gabriel may be blood related), so I bought him this adorable Crayola bathtub art caddy. It's filled with bath tints, paints, and crayons. I also gave him a terry wash mitt that I appliqued with his initial to clean up his tub time art work.
All wrapped up and looking cutesy! Happy 3rd Birthday Toby...We Love You!!!
For our friend David's gift, I decided to make a bucket filled with bean bags (10 to be exact). The bean bags weren't hard to sew (come on, it's a square filled with beans), but they were a little time consuming to turn inside out and fill with the beans. Maybe I would have been a little more patient if I wasn't starting this project at 10 o'clock the night before the party.
I also made him some activity cards to give him some ideas of how to use his bean bags. I printed them on mailing labels and then attached the mailing labels to cardstock and cut them out with zig-zag scissors. I made the cards double-sided, punched a hole in the corners and tied them together with ribbon.
The bean bags in fun, funky patterns and colors.
The finished project...I love the way it turned out and will certainly make them again for gifts. Happy 5th Birthday David!!!
I made these generic "fill-in" gift labels a few months back and love having something quick on hand to use when wrapping.
Looking forward to the next birthday party and another opportunity to get creative!!!

3 comments:

  1. You did such a great job, and David LOVES his bean bags. He keeps "reading" the cards and telling Jack and Henry what to do with them. His favorite so far is to put them on his head and dump them into the bucket or to use them for pillows for his Indiana Jones men. And I'll totally be stealing your idea and making them for someone else's birthday in the future! Thanks Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! too bad I missed the birthday party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, you just rock! You amaze me with the stuff you do!

    ReplyDelete